Tips for a good post:
1. Be respectful. Discussion online are the same as discussions in the classroom. Use respectful language and NO ALLCAPS.
2. Be meaningful. Don't just post "good job!" Add something to the conversation to move it forward. Agree or disagree with the person or add to what they have said.
3. Ask questions. This is a good way to move the conversation forward. Ask open-ended probing questions that invite discussion.
4. Present evidence and examples. Give evidence and examples to back up your ideas. Don't forget to cite.
5. Draft before you post. Always check your post before posting. Look for grammar, spelling and make sure it stays focused and on topic.
6. Respond in a timely manner. Posting at the last minute prevents discussion.